Popular Posts

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Darien - CD "If These Walls Could Talk" a G. D. Grace Review

I Heard about this talented, soulful crooner on the music website, SoulTracks, and after hearing one song, "Composure"  I went online and purchased the entire CD, "If These Walls Could Talk".

I suppose what captured my ears were the touching and heartwarming lyrics to all of the songs on this classic project.

I have been a lover of music for as long as I can remember, and as a writer myself I am drawn to the honest, clean,  & rich-in-content forms of musical expression.

Darien's passionate approach in his vocal delivery is artistic expression at its best, and his live performances elevate the entire feel to the next level.  The summer when this CD was in heavy rotation on my CD player had been a challenging one -- I had stepped out on faith and left a 26 year career at a fortune 500 company.  There were several CD's that captured that space in time and will forever be part of the soundtrack that was my life at that moment -- "If These Walls Could Talk" is one of them.

I had the honor of exchanging correspondence with Darien on MySpace, as well as, on his blog, and found him to be a very kind and warm individual. The networking interaction with him further confirmed that what he sings about is real and from his heart.  His musical contributions are in alignment with many of the artist that I have listened to over the years; from Teena Marie to Earth Wind & Fire, Stevie Wonder to George Michael, The Gap Band to Cameo, Anita Baker to Phyllis Hyman, Sade to Maxwell, Aretha Franklin to Peobo
Bryson, and Basia to Swing Out Sister.

The list of artists mentioned above are part of  a wide range of other artists too numerous to count but, one thing for sure, I am attracted to real singers who utilize studio technology to get the product out, and not those who use it to enhance the message of a song.  Instruments and vocals and a clever, moving arrangement are the ingredients that capture my heart.

One of the more touching songs on "If These Walls Could Talk" is the cut, "Seasons".  The words are timeless, deep, and spiritual for me.  It took me a minute to get to it because it is a track closer to the end of the CD.  I was so immersed in all the ones at the beginning that  it took me a minute to reach the end of the CD.  -LOL
That's how I roll though.  If a CD is good, I will wear out each and every song.  Depending on my mood, anyone of them will become my favorite. And I will also replay the entire CD for years and years.
Darien's star has been rising quickly.  He's been performing all over the world, and his audience is expanding with every performance.  I'm thankful to be able to locate artist that, unfortunately, aren't recognized by mainstream media.  Eventually though, mainstream media does catch on but, thankfully, for music lovers like me, independent artists are allowed to shine prior to gaining mainstream attention with the availability of social networking sites like: Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, and MySpace.

If you'd like to keep up with Darien's whereabouts and learn more about this fantastic musical performer, drop by his blog link (below).  And if you haven't copped the CD "If These Walls Could Talk", then drop by SoulTracks or Amazon and drop some "duckets".

This is GD, bringing it to you from his own words.

Darien's Blog:

http://darienonline.wordpress.com/2011/02/03/please-listen-to-my-demo-graphic/#comments

Amazon Link:

http://www.amazon.com/If-These-Walls-Could-Talk/dp/B0023P7ZD0/ref=sr_1_3?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1307240261&sr=1-3

SoulTracks Link:




http://www.soultracks.com/

Author, G. D. Grace Literary Links: 

http://stores.lulu.com/enlightenment4theheart

http://author2be.wordpress.com/


http://authorgdgrace.blogspot.com/

“A Touch of Grace” Blog Talk Radio Show: 

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/author2beepa

CALL IN NUMBER TO SHOW: (347) 215-6245

No comments:

Post a Comment