Popular Posts

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

“I Continue On…” (4-20-2011)

“I Continue On…” (4-20-2011)

Here, right here, in this place I am sitting, both reflective and optimistic about this life of mine — where I’ve been, where I’m headed, and where I am going.   This little town I now call home has a heartwarming quality about it.

It’s quiet, slow-paced, and there are parks everywhere.   This country landscape and all it’s country-like allure and beauty has enhanced a peace within that I have been nuturing over the past three years.  Gone is the loud thumping music at 3:00am in the morning that I had to get used to in order to keep the peace. 
Futher at bay are the dark shadows of the past that lurked right outside of my front door constantly.   By the Grace of God, as well as a true understanding of my own self-worth, the efforts to lure me backwards in time were foiled.   That place where I resided, the place where I discovered who I was, finally, has now become part of the memories that I have moved beyond, but will never forget.

Even though I am not exactly where I want to be, I am closer than I have ever been to being there, and that sits quite well with me.  This battle for mental freedom has been long and frightening at times.   There were moments when I tried giving up, but then “faith” kicked in and refused to allow that travesty to happen. 
It’s funny to me that, once I learned how to “Let Go and Let God”, that’s when others around me seemed to loose their power over my emotions.  I’ve learned that saying less and listening yields a power that I never even knew I possessed. 

Misery loves company, and when I removed myself from the ring-side seating, that’s when I became somone I always wanted to be.   I know that life’s battles are far from over, but I can honestly say that, because I have sound, quality players in my life now, I’ll be fine.

I learned how to smell B. S. a mile away, and with a renewed vigor I continue on…. 

(Stay strong, be empowered, and know your own self-worth)

GD

Author, G. D. Grace Literary Links:

http://stores.lulu.com/enlightenment4theheart

http://author2be.wordpress.com/

http://authorgdgrace.blogspot.com/

“A Touch of Grace” Blog Talk Radio Show:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/author2beepa

CALL IN NUMBER TO SHOW: (347) 215-6245

Author G. D. Grace reserves all rights and reproduction without written permission is not permitted.  If found, legal action will be taken against the person(s) or company(s) that have cut or pasted (Plagiarized) any portion of this written document.  Author, G. D. Grace; Published © 2011 April

No comments:

Post a Comment