Popular Posts

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Within (2-23-2011)

Have you ever paused and recognized how powerful love is?  I can remember how hard I used to search to find something to fill the emptiness that I had within me, a void that kept me depressed and unable to embrace the beauty and joy here in this life.
The warmth of sunshine was something that I could not feel, even though it’s hue cascaded down from the clearest blue sky.  I had befriended misery and darkness subconsciously, taking on the insecurities of others in an effort to console and uplift them while denying myself the pleasure of receiving love from the ones who saw who I was without judgment or ridicule.
I eventually accepted the challenge of rising above my circumstances to become a vibrant expression of creativity — one  that would allow me the honor of sharing a blessed gift that had been awarded at birth.   It wasn’t easy in the beginning because writing required me to face one of my greatest fears head on, solitude.
Diving into the art of literary composition has been one of the most rewarding adventures I have ever embarked on in life.  In the process of developing this craft I uncovered a passion that filled the emptiness I once felt within, and even though some familiar faces have departed from my circle, I have never felt more complete.
While I was in the midst of this frightening transition a remarkable transformation manifested and revealed to me exactly where I fit in.   I developed relationships with others who were like me who had a passion similar to mine.  I discovered love on yet another level.
Had I held onto the security of the high paying job I once held I am most certain that I would not have grown into this person I have become today — the person who loves himself and all of his faults.  I also know that, without a doubt, I would not be able to see how truly loved and blessed I am.
Those who are only around for a season or two are essential to our growth, so the times we spend with them must also be cherished.  I can honestly say that I am stronger as a result of having had them in my life.  I didn’t understand it as much as I do now, because I wasn’t open to accepting change.
Within, there is a place where we all must go to at some point in our lives to identify who we are, what we want, and what we expect out of life.  It requires courage, faith, and belief to peel back every single layer with diligence, for sometimes we learn  more things about ourselves than we care to know, but it is necessary.
As a result of my journey through self discovery I can now identify others who are still struggling within to find themselves,  because their actions dictate their struggle.  Some have mastered the art of disguising their insecurities with material things and boastful rhetoric, but I have found that life is truly a spiritual journey.
Our existence is limited but our legacy is timeless, and love is infinite.   When we identify that pure part of ourselves that we were born with when we entered this life that is when we can harvest the power that is within.


Author, G. D. Grace Literary Links: 

http://stores.lulu.com/enlightenment4theheart

http://author2be.wordpress.com/

“A Touch of Grace” Blog Talk Radio Show: 

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/author2beepa

Author G. D. Grace reserves all rights and reproduction without written permission is not permitted.  If found, legal action will be taken against the person(s) or company(s) that have cut or pasted (Plagiarized) any portion of this written document.  Author, G. D. Grace; Published © 2011 February

No comments:

Post a Comment