Popular Posts

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

(Reflections of a Writer) Compilation by Author, G. D. Grace

These are some of my random thoughts, during periods in my life over the last couple of months.  I re-read them to stay inspired
enjoy...
GD
Two older people, casually strolling down the street, holding hands... subtle reminders are all around us to remind us just how beautiful life is. Whenever I need to feel joy, all I do is notice the "subtle" things and I get an instant shot of beauty. In acknowledgment I say, from where I've been I now observe with a smile. (reflections of a writer) GD
Sunshine & Blue Skies.... Life is such a blessing. And with it comes experiences that alter, shape, refines & defines the spirit. Push on and know that we are a vital piece in the grand scheme. (reflections of a writer) GD
Standing in the center of a creative crossroads, anticipating new horizons. J. K. Rawlings inspires me. "Red" is the next plateu on my literary journey. Something tells me that everything I've endured has prepared me for this next level (reflections of a writer) GD
As an artist, sometimes my joy is overshadowed by my drive, but that's when I take that chill pill and I sit back and acknowledge what has been accomplished. Nothing happens overnight, and anything worth something requires blood, sweat, tears, faith, & consistency. Doing it for the love of doing it has to be in the forefront at all times. Creativity is indeed, a blessed gift. (reflections of a writer) GD
When you learn to love yourself, you won't be able to accept less than respectful treatment from another. Be it from a family member, a friend, or a lover; you won't allow anyone to treat you like they are putting up with you, as if they are doing you a favor by having you in their life. Self-Worth is a priceless commodity. Make sure you own 100% of yours. (Reflections of a writer) GD
I am amazed at the lengths that some will go to in order to interrupt the flow of joy in another person's life. Some aren't content unless they can stir up their brand of negativity to a boiling point, pointing fingers at everyone else instead of themselves. Unfortunately, encountering such souls is unavoidable, but you can identify those who take the high road, because they have their own lives. (Reflections of a writer) GD
It is natural progression when you outgrow certain places and the people who dwell in them. It doesn't mean that you stopped caring, it just means that you have the courage to step out of the familiar and into the unfamiliar to experience new people, places, & things. Know that your destiny was written long before you were born... (Reflections of a writer) GD
The ones who add light to your life are the ones to cherish. Never stop counting them as blessings and make sure they know exactly where they fit into your life and your heart (reflections of a writer) GD
I'm not sure what new experiences today holds; all I know is that, by the Grace of God, I've been allowed to be present to see them unfold. (reflections of a writer) GD
I suppose what has added more to this whole living experience now is, I have had the honor of meeting some of the coolest people this side of heaven... at work, on facebook, and tighter are the bonds between my family and longtime friends -- the ones who have stood by me without fail during the storms. To know joy is to truly feel it. (Reflections of a writer) GD
When you become what you hate that's when you evaluate, alter your attitude and change the direction in which you walk. I did that a few years ago and ever since I did I have been immersed in discovery. (reflections of a writer) GD
As I proceed towards whatever it is that has been destined for me in this life, I move cautiously, wiser from lessons learned, rich spiritually, balanced emotionally, and empowered confidently. You see, sometimes new wings take some getting used to, but all you need to do is stretch them outward without fearing the heights or distance they'll take you....(reflections of a writer) GD
The best thing about hot summer days are these warm summer nights. The stars look like shimmering ideas, filled with creativity and splendor... (reflections of a writer) GD
Shows like the one I just did, interviewing Jazz Singleton, always delivers a stiff shot of ambitious courage down the gullet... It inspires me to keep pushing on. "A Touch of Grace", the show I produce, gives me that lift right when I need it. It's the little show that can! Something tells me, I ain't seen nothin yet... (reflections of a writer) GD
As the firework lit up the sky last night, my little second cousin noticed a flock of geese floating silently in the waters before us. They were unfazed by the colorful explosions high above. I guess Donald and crew have gotten used to us amusing ourselves. Lol (reflections of a writer) GD
When you have your own business you don't have too much time to be preoccupied in other people's business. Life is truly beautiful and short, so be observant and keep the whispers positive. (reflections of a writer) GD
That profile pic is of me and my second cousin. With her little beautiful self. My first cousin, her mother, and I were at Shoreline Park in Mountain View California, with a few hundred people watching the fireworks. I feel so blessed to have family and friends in my life -- even more blessed to experience true happiness in life. At work, in writing, in blog talk radio, and in spirit...(reflections of a writer) GD
Realize that some people won't like you just because they see in you what they are void of in themselves. There is nothing you can do or say to change their minds, so you have to let sleeping dogs lie. When you observe from a distance you'll see that it isn't just you they dislike, it's others as well. In reality they just don't like themselves. (reflections of a writer) GD
My aunt, my first cousin and her lovely little 4 year old daughter; Baskin Robbins & and a warm summer evening. Yup, that was how I spent part of my evening last night. Everyone strolling past, through and into the local establishments had smiles on their faces... I even ran into another childhood friend. Now, my friends, it just doesn't get any better than that! (reflections of a writer) GD
Ambition cannot operate on desire alone; it requires the fuels of action and focus to reach that "coasting" level. Oh, sure there will be moments when you question ability, but just keep pressing on and enventually you'll be able to see the beginnings of opportunity bloom. Water your garden today. (reflections of a writer) GD
One six year old, one ten year old, a sister, a mother & a wonderful aunt... Yup, you know it... Blessings and joy... Cherish those close to you, for tommorow is not promised. (reflections of a writer)
Networking, interviewing, and meeting artists all over the world is an invigorating experience and I know, without a doubt, that writing & producing my radio show is going to open many doors for me, and allow me to open doors for others. It's one of the best feelings in the world. (reflections of a writer) GD
The international home furnishing store I work for had a BBQ for all of it's employees today. I love the people I work with there. Never knew life could be this happy outside the walls of the Fortune 500 company I used to work at. It's been a struggle, but I feel truly blessed. (reflections of a writer) GD
We are all products of what we've experienced in life; every encounter, every trial & tribulation, every defining moment and each revelation, and as we grow towards what we'll become we find that all of them shape our spirits and our souls -- even the worst of them manifest in someway that allows us to see the world as we see it (reflections of a writer) GD
I really get a kick out of writing these intros to kick of the interviews on "A Touch of Grace" -- I find myself "hamming" it up a bit for the listeners. You know something, I am living proof that there is life after clinical depression and substance abuse... a better life. No matter what your pain is, never give up on life... hit me up in my inbox if you need a shoulder. (Reflections of a writer) GD
This literary expediton keeps taking me on unexplored terrains and I am amazed by the talented writers I encounter and the ones I have establish meaningful professional relationships with. Anything you want to succeed in requires dedication and a willingness to learn. (reflections of a writer) GD
Even when you have forgotten how to love yourself, The Almighty places influential people in your life here on earth to give you that tough love, and if you pay close attention you'll be able to hear that you are loved and that you are not alone. Remember the greatest love of all, is when you have learned to love yourself. (reflections of a writer) GD
When you love yourself you can see beyond self-pity, and emerge from the darkness with the glorious light that beams from knowing your own self-worth. Surround yourself with people who like you for being just you, and pray for the ones immersed in the waters of envy, jealousy, and insecurity, because they just haven't found their way yet... (reflections of a writer) GD
Life's joys aren't found in the empty possession of material things, no, it is found in the hearts, minds, souls, and deep into the eyes of people we encounter along the road of this journey. It's beauty lies in the tender embrace, or in that warm exchanged smile, for we are nothing without one another... (reflections of a writer) GD
You know, reading some of the cruel and nasty things that some people post on Youtube is such a turn off. To know that we occupy the same planet with certain mentalities irritates me sometimes, but I'm glad that we always have the option of steering clear of them. Misery can keep me off of that damn guest list (Reflections of a writer) GD
Years ago, the elders in my family taught me the art of treating people with a long handled spoon. Now, I didn't know that, in mastering that art, I would have a more peaceful life and will have grasped onto that necessary sense of self-worth. It has nothing to do with not loving people, but it does have a lot to do with loving yourself just a little bit more. (reflections of a writer) GD
I have learned to take the roads around obstacles, and embrace opportunities that are presented to me. There is no crime in not understanding the specifics about a business opportunity; the only crime is not having the courage to step out on faith and utilize your inner abilities to understand it. Educating ourselves is an investment in personal growth. Reach for the stars.... (reflections of a writer) GD
I hope I don't sound too mushy for saying this: But I feel so blessed with my life right now. I am meeting so many talented, down-to-earth, people, and I've learned to cherish the gifts of friendship & family. Inner Peace has finally found me. I truly understand that, if others enjoy being around you, then that is truly a blessing.... (reflections of a writer) GD
If you have to keep reminding someone to stop being critical, and find yourself constantly having to tell them to respect the healthy boundries of the friendship, guess what... (feel free to fill in the blank) (reflections of a writer) GD
The next time somebody rattles your cage, let them have it, because there is far more you'll discover airborn. Soar up and beyond, look back only to remind yourself of where you were -- eventually, you won't be able to see that cell that once held you captive. (reflections of a writter) GD
If I allowed fear to bind me to the confinements of a tiny box, I would never written 5 books, or developed a respected Blog Talk Radio Show. Never let envy and jealousy shackle you to the perceptions of others, for theirs is dim and yours.... Uh, huh.... Is oh so bright! (reflections of a writer) GD
Those last three interviews I produced for my blog talk radio show, "A Touch of Grace" , are only just the beginning of something greater to come. With each guest I grow in confidence & remain humble for being granted the oppotunity to interview the talented (reflections of a writer) GD
Life's simplicities may not be the most expensive trinkets, but they are by far, priceless! When I told someone that I am content with having my health, quality friends & a loving family as a birthday present, they said that's not enough. Well, for me it is. (reflections of a writer) GD
When I learned to appreciate the quality instead of the quantity, that's when I saw just how beautiful and amazing life truly is. There was a time when I was seeking to be loved by the "wrong" type of people, instead of embracing the "right" ones who were right up under my nose. If they love you when you have nothing, then they are the "right" ones. (Reflections of a writer) GD
In living a progressive life, you don't have time to be all up and in other peoples business. You are also less judgemental and possess a tremendous amount of joy within. Live & let live. (reflections of a writer) GD
If I can be anything, let me be the graceful trot in the horses stride, let me me the agile wings that allows an eagle to soar up high, let me be the lovely aura in a warm smile, and let me be the gratitude that embraces the beauty still in this life... (reflections of a writer) GD
In never discount the work of another artist, because I cannot put a price on creativity. A real artist conjures concepts based on their own experiences and how they view the world. (reflections of a writer) GD
Okay, so my roommate drug my tired body to a BBQ that I had said I'd go to yestersay. After work I was beat, but made an appearance. He wound up leaving me sitting there engaged in chat wise a wise OG. LOL. I love talking to our elders... They have so much wisdom! (reflections of a writer) GD
And so... I just dropped off a practicing Doctor at the Airport. She is returning home to India to see her mother & father. Her dedication to humanity is inspiring. I am but a speck of light on this whole grand scheme of things, and the people I am encountering on this half of the journey keep me in awe. Know your worth, and stay inspired (reflections of a writer) GD
People who understand joy, are not intimidated by it, they adapt to it and cultivate their own. I've been given the blessings to get through extremely difficult times so that I can see how beautiful simplicity really is. It's not about the "bling" and notoriety... it's this feeling within ... this feeling of peace... And I wouldn't trade that for the world... Friends & Family are priceless! (reflections of a writer) GD
Words of wisdom in a quote made by mega successful actor, Tom Hanks, on a "morning-show" earlier. "...80% of the people here are pretty decent, the other 20% you try to avoid... stay away from the crooks & the liars..." How to survive in the entertainment business. This applies to all business, including the literary one. (wink) (reflections of a writer) GD
I'm always intrigued by life's realities, because within them you learn quite a bit about yourself and eventully uncover the true motives of people. I can be a tad too trusting sometimes, but I can only allow life to alter my spirit a liitle. (reflections of a writer) GD
Ambition's flame, stay ignited in me, and give me that extra lift beneath my wings so that I can soar to all the places that I want to go. I am free now, and behind me are the barriers and adversities that clouded my vision. So grateful am I for all of the sincere, encouraging, and talented people that I continue to meet along this journey. I am airborne now... (reflections of a writer) GD
Sometimes people envy the joy they see in you, not because they dislike you, but because they haven't located their own yet. That's why you have to arm yourself with forgiveness and understanding, because if you spew back the negativity that they are sending your way, it takes away from that joy you have found. Just be an example for them... (reflections of a writer) GD
Whenever someone hits me up for spare change out in the streets, I don't look my nose down at their situation because I know I'm not immune from the being in that space. I want to always remember. (reflections of a writer) GD
I have found that, when you are patient and believe that good things will happen, they do. Sometimes they don't happen when we want them too, because divine destiny is in control of that. I am a living witness as to how powerful perseverance and diligence can be. There are times when I wonder if what I'm doing is even making a difference, and then it's always revealed (Reflections of a writer) GD
Above all else, we are all human beings with powerful gifts to see us through the toughest of times. Love, Friendship, Family, Faith, Determination... just to name a few. I utilize these blessed resources constantly, for I am more complete with them. Have a bright day everyone, Ciao (Reflections of a writer) GD
A couple years ago, all I had was the passion to write a book and have it published, and having done that 5 times now, I have reached yet another plateau in this literary chase. Define, Refine, Polish and Effectively Market my product. These last few days have taken me out my comfort zone, but diligence will yield successful results. Never be afraid to take a chance on you. (reflections of a writer) GD
It's bright an early on a beautiful Tuesday morning. I awakened to opportunity and inspiration, feeling as though accomplishment has lightly kissed my cheek -- a gesture of encouragement, and it whispered into my ear telling me,"GD, patience & perseverance... patience & perseverance...." (Reflections of a writer) GD
I'm an avid believer that a mindful selection of the company you keep is not only a proactive measure, it is also a necessary one. It has nothing to do with high sighting or being selfish, but there are those who try to make it a personal vendetta to show you in a negative light while you're chasing your dream. Just keep your eye on the prize and let them stew in their own misery. (reflections of a writer) Gd


Author, G. D. Grace Literary Links: 

http://stores.lulu.com/enlightenment4theheart

http://author2be.wordpress.com/

http://authorgdgrace.blogspot.com/

EMAIL: Detria0918@sbcglobal.net

“A Touch of Grace” Blog Talk Radio Show: 

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/author2beepa

CALL IN NUMBER TO SHOW: (347) 215-6245

(Psalms 30:5)

Author G. D. Grace reserves all rights and reproduction without written permission is not permitted.  If found, legal action will be taken against the person(s) or company(s) that have cut or pasted (Plagiarized) any portion of this written document.  Author, G. D. Grace; Published © 2011 June through July

No comments:

Post a Comment