Popular Posts

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Black Woman (Reflections of a writer)

Yours was the first face I saw after entry into this existence.  Maternal eyes glowing as bright as the most miraculous star, with an intense warmth that has remained with me ever since birth.  I am a product of that moment when two engaged and met on that realm of intimacy, and the crimson that flows within me is what binds us now and will forever bind us until long after. 

You have came in many forms over the years; mother, aunt, grandmother, sister, nice, and friend -- always there uplifting and encouraging me to weather the storm and to stand strong as a man, and child of he who sits on high.  When life was formed you became a crucial part of the grand scheme, as brilliant as the vibrant sun, as calming as the hue of silver moon, and as spectacular as the highest mountain. 

There are memories that are locked forever in my mind as I recount how empty my life would be had you not been a part of it.  Men came and went like seasons, but without fail you remained and taught me the meaning of commitment and stability.  Even when the cupboards were bare and we had barely enough change to do laundry, you always came home and we endured the skimpy times together. 

You exemplify stability in my life, which has allowed me to overcome substance abuse and the darkness of depression.  You stood firm like the grand old oaks that grace the lands of the earth, and you displayed love in actions that made me feel I belonged.

Life has been enriched by your presence, and the writer in me needed to get these thoughts down.

Of all the riches in the world you are the most priceless. 

For the love...

For the tears...

For the smiles...

For the years...

I thank you,

Black Woman.

GD

Author, G. D. Grace Literary Links: 

http://stores.lulu.com/enlightenment4theheart

http://author2be.wordpress.com/

http://authorgdgrace.blogspot.com/

EMAIL: Detria0918@sbcglobal.net

“A Touch of Grace” Blog Talk Radio Show: 

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/author2beepa

CALL IN NUMBER TO SHOW: (347) 215-6245

(Psalms 30:5)

Author G. D. Grace reserves all rights and reproduction without written permission is not permitted.  If found, legal action will be taken against the person(s) or company(s) that have cut or pasted (Plagiarized) any portion of this written document.  Author, G. D. Grace; Published © 2011 July

No comments:

Post a Comment