Popular Posts

Friday, May 13, 2011

"Sculpture" (5-13-2011)

With the familiar against my back and the unfamiliar before me, I drove down a stretch of highway that is quickly becoming well-known to my senses.  I passed through cities I've known of but had rarely frequented, silently scanning them in passing, scoping out the scenery, inhaling the warm inland valley air.   The dry breeze that blew in and raced throughout my vehicle's core felt invigorating, and during frequent pauses I reflected, momentarily, then peered ahead towards the sanctity of the destiny I have been fighting hard to sculpt.

This parting of ways from the old and the introduction to the new hasn't been the easiest of transitions at times, but as I've mentioned before in prior blog posts, faith and a strong belief in self has resurrected a stagnated drive that I had, at one time, forgotten.   I remember when I'd draw for hours, closing out the situation and circumstances I was trapped in when I was younger, afraid of seeing all that I could become in life.   I was engulfed in an insane thought process of trying to live up to and fit into others expectations but, thankfully, I now reached a conclusion that it was all a part of growing up. 

A fellow writer asked me to write an article for the July issue of her magazine, and I graciously accepted the invitation.  I was honored by her belief in my abilities and her interest in my point of view as a writer.   I start working on that project tonight.

You know, sometimes, as a writer, you second guess yourself, wondering if anything you share is really touching someone's heart or inspiring their imagination, however, when it's your passion you move forward out of a sincere desire and love of the literary craft.   That's the thing about writing, I know without a doubt in my mind that it is what I was placed here on earth to do.  I suppose I can call it my "calling" because I'd be doing it regardless of if I got paid to do it or not.  Now don't get me wrong, in order to achieve absolute freedom, I must strengthen my business savvy in order to earn money to fund my ambitious endeavors and sustain my living expenses.

Well, having just gotten off the road I'll leave it here for now, and say that I hope that a large warming dose of sunshine is "raying" down on you.

Be blessed, stay strong, and embrace your own self-worthy -- because you are worthy.

GD

Author, G. D. Grace Literary Links:

http://stores.lulu.com/enlightenment4theheart

http://author2be.wordpress.com/

http://authorgdgrace.blogspot.com/

“A Touch of Grace” Blog Talk Radio Show:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/author2beepa

CALL IN NUMBER TO SHOW: (347) 215-6245
Author G. D. Grace reserves all rights and reproduction without written permission is not permitted.  If found, legal action will be taken against the person(s) or company(s) that have cut or pasted (Plagiarized) any portion of this written document.  Author, G. D. Grace; Published © 2011 May

No comments:

Post a Comment